Hope has always been the sneaky one of the family. Quietly sneaking food, candy, drinks, and toys behind our backs, and always sure to dispose of the evidence. We've caught her from time to time but mostly we just "know" she does it without actually catching her. Like when you set down a drink and it's mysteriously empty when you return for it.... that's Hope!
Lately I think Hopey has been trying to teach her little sister the secrets of this trade.
All day Saturday we had Tobey (the dog Roman's dog-sitting for) over. She was in the house for awhile and had some nasty gas and I swore she pooped in the house. As we're double checking and looking around, here comes Bethany out of the kitchen, with black tar like stuff all over her face and around her mouth, and covering both hands. James freaked out, we're running around looking for the poop, believing she had sampled it, instead what do we find? A small pile of Milky Way Caramel wrappers that didn't quite make it to the trash can!
Later that same day, I had a diet Pepsi and set it on the bookcase to run and change over the laundry. I return to find Bethany trying desperately to sneak the can back into place before being caught. As if that wasn't evidence enough for a guilty conviction, she was still licking her lips and the front of her shirt was drenched!
I suppose, Hope's lessons on being a sneak weren't happening to her satisfaction, because yesterday morning she decided to take things into her own hands. I was having a snack of some potatoe chips. Bethany walked up, held her hands out like she wanted me to pick her up. Then as I sat the chips down to tend to her, she grabbed the bag and tore off down the hall as fast as her little legs could carry her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment