Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A drunk, an amputee, and a blonde try to move a couch....

Sadly, there's no joke about this one! Though I have NEVER laughed so hard in all my life!!!!! So, Jeni (the BLONDE!) is moving to Kansas next week. She wanted to give her couch to Bernice as she's not taking it with her, but didn't have a way to move it. So last night I go to help Jeni move this couch. Bernice meets us there to get it off Jeni's 2nd floor apartment and into my truck. Brilliant idea by the blonde.... let me go see if my neighbor, Jim, will help us move this thing! Great. She's gone a lot longer than expected and Bernice and I are trying to figure out what the heck she's doing. So she comes running back up hysterically speaking something about a Jim and a missing arm. Turns out Jim, who is drunker than a skunk, has a brilliant idea too..... let me ask my friend to help us! Problem being, the friend is an amputee with only 1 arm! Bernice runs down to peak and see what's going on and comes running back up the stairs holding her side, bent over, laughing hysterically.... "Oh my god! Jeni got us an armless man to move the couch!!" I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in all my life. Not AT the man's prosthetic arm, not AT the man himself, he was just as sweet as could be, but at the thought of a drunk and a one armed man moving this big couch we were all too lazy to move ourselves! To make it worse, the drunk comes upstairs and pushes the couch down the stairs for the one armed man to bear the brunt of the weight, then he proceeds to SIT DOWN on the top step and push the couch down one step at a time as he scoots his behind down each and every step! I was in tears and had to hide in the back room. It was just too much!!!!

Took them 30 minutes, but they FINALLY got the couch down the stairs and into the truck. We set off for Bernice's. Now Bern lives all the way on the other side of Richmond and took us through a scenic detour straight through downtown Richmond. It was a nice drive, but we had no idea where we were by the time we got there! Well ,as we pull up her daughter in law comes over to help. She's DRUNK! LOL She is trying to perfect the appletini and was practicing a wee bit much last night! Before we left she comes running back across the yard with a shaker in hand to share. I got out of sampling cause I was driving, but Jeni sucked it up and had a drink. I thought she was gonna get sick! Apparently it was VERY strong!!!

So finally we're in route to go home. Bernice gives us directions, right, right, left on Laburnum and take 64 all the way out to 288. Easy enough! We get on 64/95 and start talking. Thinking we were on 64 and knowing it's a bit of a drive neither of gave the time lapse a second thought. Besides we were yapping away and not paying attention anyway. Next thing I know Jeni says, "Have we passed Broad yet?" I dunno, let's see if we can figure out where we are..... Oops!!! We're on 95, NOT 64!!! And we're just a few miles from Kings Dominion by this point, a good 30 minutes north of where we needed to be! So we turn the truck around and finally head back. It was after 8 before I got Jeni safely home. We're thinking "The three hour tour, the three hour tour!" by then!

It was an adventure of a night to say the least!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I realize that my laziness on this issue was wrong, but the story that resulted was too funny to miss out on! I never in my LIFE thought that I would have anything this funny happen to me. It was so funny my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. It was quite the adventure and I loved it!