Happy Belated Mother's Day to all!!! I hope each of you had a wonderful one. I actually got to spend it with my mommy, so who could ask for anything more?
So, we survived the weekend!!! Bethany's recital was at 10am. We had to be there by 9:15. She was too cute for words. All the concerns on what she might do on stage with that big of a crowd were for nothing.... she was nearly perfect! Just the picture perfect little ballerina who barely missed a step through her entire performance. I didn't go to the parade as it was starting to drizzle as we left B's recital and I wasn't sure if they were done by then or not. James and Roman seemed to have had a good time when we met up with them later. Apparently Roman horded his candy while his fellow scouts tossed theirs very quickly. By the end he was the only one left with anything! Hope's recital was at 6 and we had to be there by 5:30. Her 1st number was tap, which was done to the old country song "Convoy". A song i truly don't like! They enter the stage in squatting formation scooting in backwards while holding on to the person in front of them. I have dubbed this number the "train wreck" since the first day I saw it! Boy did they make me look the fool! Those girls were fantastic. For 6 year olds it was quite shocking. They all did fantastic!!! The ballet number went almost as well. Poor Hope was expecting flowers and at least one sibling to greet her in excitement after her last performance, instead it was just me. I told herI didn't get her any flowers, and that greatly disappointed her..... I didn't, my mom did! When we got back to our seats she was thrilled with her awaiting reward for doing so well. We stuck around till the end so she could go on stage with all the big kids before heading home and literally crashing!
Sunday came much too quickly. The kids brought lots of goodies to my bed. A beautiful stain glass butterfly picture frame from Roman, a wonderful hand print with poem from Hope, and a finger painting picture from Bethany to name a few. We then went and woke Grandma up. We all got dressed and headed to church. Then out to lunch at Olive Garden with the Perkins before saying goodbye to mom. The rest of the day was spent lazily watching movies and relaxing with my babies. A perfect Mother's Day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment