Sunday, May 25, 2008

And....... we're off!

After a busy night with the wedding, we all slept in. I unpacked and repacked the suitcases, weighing them in to make sure we didn't go over the 50 lbs weight limit that would cost us an additional travel fee. Once complete we set off for the airport. Jim dropped us off. He is going to bring our car over to long term parking next Saturday to save us a few (or $60) bucks. When we arrived we went through baggage, got our boarding passes, walked through security, stopped to pee, and walked right on the plane. No waiting whatsoever. The pilot even shaved a full half hour off trip. We were scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 5:05 pm and arrived instead at 4:35 pm. We had luggage in and hand and were picking up the rental by 5:05! Ahead of schedule we headed off to Merritt Island. I know they have been having a dry spell, but I am seriously surprised by just how brown everything is on our beautiful beloved island! Anyway, we arrived at Ronda's a little after 6, dinner was waiting, and the kids quickly found their way to the pool, where I believe they would probably spend the rest of our trip if we let them!!!

No comments: