Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Catch up

Well, it's been awhile since I posted and I'm determined not to let this get away from me again. I have several drafts started from the last few weeks, but need to set aside some time at home (hahaha) to upload some pics for them before publishing. Overall life is insanely hectic in the Trettel house!!! We are winding down dance this week. Baseball is in full swing. Cub scouts and Daisies are winding down too. The kids are in testing and end of year stuff which stresses Roman out. It stays light entirely too late outside making bedtime near impossible these days, so we're all more than a little sleep deprived! And I am busy busy busy working on a big project at work that has had me insanely busy. I'm not the type of person to put more more into a job than is required in my 40 hours a week. To be honest I don't care for overtime because it takes away from family time. Sure the money is great, but is it worth it?? This project hasn't bothered me much as I know there is a firm end date. We basically have 6 weeks of this project and the bonus pay will come at a good time. I've tried to maneuvre OT to early morning hours that don't interfere with the kids, but it is exhausting! This past weekend was my turn to work. Although, for Jeni, unrelated to work, I elected to miss Roman's Sat baseball game, having to miss Sunday's as well because I was just too exhausted just about killed me. I NEVER miss games and that was a guilty stab in the heart. I tried, but man I was tired. Basically my weekend went something like this... Saturday got up and mowed the yard. Went to Jeni's for a Cinco de Mayo party and stayed until she kicked me out around 6. Watched a movie, then went to bed at 8 and slept till 11. Got up, started pumping the caffeine and settled in to work from home. By 3 am on Sunday it was clear that I was not going to get everything done from home, so off to the office I went. Returning home a little before 9 am Sunday morning. Roman had a 1 o'clock game, so after finishing up a big more work, I finally crashed at 9:30 planning to sleep for only 2 hours. When James woke me at 12 to tell me they were leaving I felt like the worse hangover ever and had to admit defeat and spent the rest of the day sleeping and watching movies. They didn't come home till 7 that night. It was the first time I had seen the girls since Friday at dinner as they spent the weekend with Gma. I had barely seen Roman and James much more than that all weekend. I managed a nice last minute dinner with the 5 of us and we all hit the sack for an early bedtime.

So on top of work and regular routine I am trying to make it up to them with some one on one time this week. Yesterday was with B as she had her dress rehearsal for her recital. Hope's in on Wednesday so I'll get some time with her then. Roman has a game tonight that I will NOT miss. Thursday I am ditching them all to help Jeni pack and mom will arrive on Friday. hmmmm, guess with Mother's Day coming up on Sunday, all I really want this year is some kid time. I sure do miss them when times get crazy like this!

On the 23rd of this month we head to Baltimore for Rob and Karla's wedding, then fly to Florida on the 25th for a week of much deserved vacation! I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: