Monday, September 14, 2009

Paper Delivery

LandAmerica is officially in the last stages of bankruptcy and liquidation. There are still piles and piles of crap that needs to be addressed. Amongst these craps piles are many boxes of logo'ed paper products that will be thrown in the trash.

Reams Road Elementary, along with many other schools across this nation, are facing financial issues and cut backs contributing to a paper shortage. We first saw this last school year and Reams began recycling paper. It was normal to find K work completed on one side with Roman's homework on the other and such. I know our church did an outreach program "Reams for Reams" as did other community groups to help get them through.

During back to school night last week Mrs. Mattox mentioned how she was acquiring her father-in-law's old letterhead as he had recently retired and had no use for it. And how she was recycling some of her husband's work papers and suggested parents could do the same. So when I saw these stacks of LandAm paper about to be trashed I rescued a ream of each for the kids classes. This morning we delivered them. Of course the teachers were thrilled to receive them. After delivering to Ms. Neal and Mrs. Ziegler Roman and I headed over to his classroom. On the way Roman says, "This is fun! Who knew teachers would go so crazy over something like paper!"

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh, yeah the paper...good idea giving directly to the teachers. I bought a case from Office Depot last year and gave it to the office to which I rec'd a typed thank you note on COUNTY letterhead signed by the PRINCIPAL in the mail!!!! Seriously? YEP!!!