Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Mud Pile

For some reason Roman is determined to call a mud puddle a mud pile, because it's water with a pile of mud in it. Well yesterday around 2:30 James got a call from the school nurse that Roman had fallen into one of these mud piles and was soaked to the bone. Of course that's right in the middle of the girls' nap, so he called me and I left work and ran home, picked up clothes, and went to rescue my boy at the school. When I arrived I found a little dirt ball covered in mud from his toes to his waist. It looked like he was just sitting in a "mud pile". As I was helping him change I asked him what happend. "I fell in a mud pile" Well, how did you fall, did you trip? "No, I was pushed" Oh, well, who pushed you? "Valery, she pushed me in a mud pile" I smiled, knowing my son's weakness for the girls and asked if she had dared him to do it. "No, she just pushed me right in, she's mean." I don't hink Valery is a mean little girl. Maybe she has a crush on you. "Uh-huh, she just did it on purpose." So we dropped the conversation and he asked if he could go home. I said sure, it was already 3 and they get out at 3:40 anyway. "I don't want to go back to class. She pushed me." I told him I understood, I guess his feelings were a bit hurt, mostly just his pride, and I made sure he knew he'd have to go back tomorrow. He said he understood, so we checked out and the nurse called for his stuff to be brought to the office. Ms. Neal said to send us down for it. It's only 2 doors down and Roman grudgingly followed. I don't think anyone really knew what happened, except I guess, Valery, but he stood by the door not fully acknowledging them, until Ms. Neal told him it was a 10 day... they get a green dot each day they are good at school and after 10 they get a special treat from the treasure chest. Boy, he didn't have any problems going back into that classroom after that! LOL He told everyone bye and sorta had this celebrity strut going on as we walked out. Guess it's exciting for a Kindegartener to get out of school early. By the time we got home he was more interested in the new car he pulled from the treasure chest and seemed to completely forget the "mudpile" incident. Not a single word was mentioned of it again from the moment we left the school.

No comments: