Thursday, January 19, 2006

Countdown for Hope

Hope has been soooooooooo excited about turning 4. She doesn't actually turn 4 until the 27th, but we've been hearing about it non-stop since we began planning Bethany's party back in October. So when January FINALLY arrived we started a countdown on the calendar to her birthday and b-day party. Her party is this Saturday and yesterday at lunch she marked off the day and counted to discover only 3 more sleeps! Well, after work I swung by the house and picked up Bethany and Hope and we headed to Bakers Kitchen to get the icing colors and tips I need to make her cake... Dora of course! She was so excited about it that she had to tell the lady working there about her Dora party and how it was only 2 sleeps away.

Hope, there's 3 sleeps, remember, we counted at lunch time.

But I already had a sleep since then.

Hope, naps don't count!

And with a sad little face and a deep sigh she says, "Oh, I guess there's still 3 more sleeps."

Poor thing, Saturday just can not come fast enough, and to her almost 4 year old mind it is still forever away.

No comments: