Katy had her 4m checkup with Dr. Grossberg this morning. And drum roll please...........................................................................................................................
Weight: 11lbs even - that's the 10% percentile!!!!!
Length: 24 1/2 inches - 55%
Head Circumferance: 39cm - 10%
This is the first time Katy has made it ON the growth chart and she did so in a big way with a 4 week growth of 2 lbs!! Way to go Katy!!!!! She is meeting all her milestones and doing just beautifully right now.
On a funny note.... when the doctor went to check her length she stretches her out on the table and draws a line at her feet and at her head then measures that. Well, the original measurement was 24 3/4 inches and while that little quarter inch may seem insignificant it actually means the difference between the 70th percentile and the 55th. She was only in the 25% at her 2m checkup so that was an incredible jump! Determined to verify that the doc remeasured her about half a dozen times.... she was wiggling a lot, and doc got confused on which lines were which. That was cracking me up enough, but then on the last measurement she was flustered and went to measure at the top of her head and marked ON her head instead!!! LOL She felt awful and kept apologizing and swore she'd never done that in all her years of practice. Of course, being the reserved person that I am I laughed till I had tears in my eyes! LOL I can see where a lot of moms, especially first timers would be appalled by this, but me.... I just found it hysterical! LOL And Kathryn, well she didn't make a peep, just gave her this look like, "Aw man, seriously? You wrote on my head!" which made it all the worse for me! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL!!! We're all so concerned about the first kid. It's all down hill from there!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment