Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It Takes a Village....

The old saying goes "It Takes a Village to Raise a Child". In our case it would seem it takes a church to raise a child. Trinity Church of the Nazarene has not welcomed a new baby in quite sometime. Never could we have imagined how excited they would be to welcome our baby girl with open arms. And I do mean open arms! LOL

James and I both play in the church band. (no snickering please... I can at least fake a half way decent bass!) So that ties us up on stage for the first half of every service. Although there are 2 toddlers and one other little baby born just a few days after Katy, that occasionally attend services, she is the only regular baby/toddler in the church right now. So, needless to say, there is not really a nursery for her to stay during the service. They're working on getting one up and running but for now, my good friend Miranda or her wonderful mother, Mary, will snuggle with Katy while we're on stage. Or she just gets passed around as EVERYONE always wants to hold a Katy-bug, and never need I worry about finding someone to hold her for the first half of service. Jim, our sound tech, is about to become a first time grandfather and is getting lots of practice in as he now shows up on Sunday earlier than ever to ensure he gets her first thing while we practice. Two Sunday's ago Jan, another lady in the church, asked to hold her for services, and now I am attacked at the door to see who gets to hold her this week! LOL So although it shouldn't be a complete surprise, I still almost peed my pants laughing when my mom came to church this past Sunday and Ms. Betty.... this tiny little old sweetheart of a woman... approached mom and informed her that they take turns holding the baby each week and this week was HER week, then scooped Miss Katy right on up and went to sit down. LOL

It takes a village to raise a child, and Kathryn is so fortunate to have her very own "village"!

No comments: