Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Coach Trettel

This spring all 3 of the big kids are playing soccer. This will be Roman's 8th season, Hope's 4th, and Bethany's 1st. We have been out of soccer for 2 years now due to fall football and last year Roman's insistance on trying baseball. I am really excited to be back to soccer though and I know the kids are going to enjoy the new league we finally decided on.

So, with this being a new league and all James asked if I minded if he volunteered to assistant coach and if he did would I agree to being team mom for his team. I said sure, so he went online to fill out the paperwork only to find them asking for his social security # which he refuses to give out ever! So with that in mind he x'd out and we had sorta decided we'd just step back and just relax and check out the new league this year instead of diving in head first as we have a tendancy to do.

With that said, you can imagine my shock when I receive an email today to "Coach Trettel" consisting of his U8 Roster for this spring! LOL Apparently he got far enough along in the application portion that he was tagged and they are in need of coaches at Hopey's level! Not assitant coach as we had originally discussed, but head coach. Soooooooooo, SPLASH! Head first into a whole new league and all new rules once again. It's been 2 1/2 years since he last coached soccer. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: