Gma hasn't seen much of us since she moved out last month. With me being sick over the weekend, James decided to take the kids out to let me rest. They met up with Grandma and spent the day shopping! When they arrived back home the kids were the proud owners of several new Leapster games. Leapster is a hot item in our household. All 3 kids now have their own, but it hasn't curbed the fighting over them. It's inevitable that at least one of them can't find theirs when the others are playing. Not to mention we only have 1 copy of each game. The biggest winner of their games has been "Pet Pals" where they adopt a dog and earn points through different activities and carrying for the pet. They are all obsessed! The fighting has been at a high over this one simple game.
So last night around 9 o'clock I put the kids to bed. I go in and read while James is playing on the computer and listening to music. We talked for a few hours and he finally fell asleep. I was a bit wired still from spending too much time in bed over the weekend and stayed up a bit longer reading. At 11:30 I heard a noise. It was enough to jolt me away from my book, but then as I listened I didn't hear it again. A little bit later I heard another noise. Getting up to inspect the house and make sure everything was okay, then peaking in to check on the kids one last time. I gave Roman a kiss and tucked him back in and as I was leaving his room I heard a noise again. I walked in the girls room and all was quiet. I noticed Bethany wasn't in her bed. That's nothing new, she seldom sleeps in her bed the entire night. So I climbed up to check on Hope and I saw a little light shining through the comforter towards the bottom of Hope's bed. As I pulled back the covers I found Bethany, huddled in a little ball playing her Leapster! By the time I confiscated it and grounded her from it for 2 days, got back to bed and it was after midnight. She was asking for it back first thing this morning. It's gonna be a long 2 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment