So, Monday night we headed to Don Jose's after Hope's soccer practice for dinner. During out time there it began to thunder, lightening, pour down rain, hail and all. James volunteered to go get the car and pull it up to the door for us, but I had just recently read an online post about running through the rain and how cleansing, satisfying and refreshing it can be and how all people should take a few seconds to just run through the rain. As adults we forget that simple little joy we all faced as kids. So, the 5 of us held hands, Daddy, Roman, Bethany, Hope, and Mommy, and took off through the pouring rain giggling and hooting the whole way to the car. It was awesome!
But, that's not really what this post is about. LOL See, once in the car on our drive home Roman starts carrying on and on about how we need to go home and bake a thunder cake. A thunder cake? So, I offer up a lightning cake. I can handle cutting a cake into a bolt of lightning and icing it yellow. NO, a THUNDER CAKE. Okay, so what's a thunder cake?
A thunder cake is a really yummy cake you make during thunder storms. You need flour, eggs, milk, and tomatoes. (yes, you read that right). And still, he goes on.... Some icing, any flavor really, lemon would probably be best, and the cake flavor could really be anything, chocolate, vanilla, lemon, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, or tomatoe. "Tomatoe would be best!"
So, stiffling hysterics, James and I inquire further. "Are you SURE you mean tomatoe? Like the round red vegetable that your sisters fight over all the time?" YUP, tomatoes! You squish them up and pour in some tomatoe juice and that makes a really super yummy Thunder Cake!
James volunteered to help him make it one day... I am not that brave! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment