Today for lunch we had peanut butter and jelly sandwhichs (a Hope-Hope favorite). I asked her how many pieces she wanted, 1 (no cuts), 2 (cut in half), or 4 (cut in quarters). She said "3" as she does everything these days since that is her age. So I explained I couldn't handle 3, and she chose 4 and went on with her business. Bethany only eats half a sandwhich so I had made her a half and cut that into 2 smaller pieces. So then comes Roman's turn...
"How many pieces do you want today?"
Roman: "Six"
"I can't do 6, either 1, 2, or 4"
Roman: "Well, Hopey has 4, and Bethany only eats half a sandwhich, so she has 2, so if you make me a whole sandwhich cut into 4 then make a half and cut it into 2, 4 + 2 = 6. I want 6 peanut butter and jellies today."
"HUH??"
He's FIVE, how the heck does he know how to add like that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment