The kids are always asking me "how do you know that?" in regards to everything. And I am always telling them "mommy knows everything!" So the other night James and I are sitting in the living room watching TV just after having put the kids to bed and I yell "Turn that light off", to which we hear lots of loud whispering and movement as they struggle to get the light off. A minute later I yell again "Turn that light off" and they do very quietly and turn it right back on, so I yell again "I said turn it off".. "off"... "I said off!" At this point there's a lot of groaning, and "How does she know that?" and I yell, "I heard that, and I told you, mommies know everything!" This pattern continued one more time with me repeatedly yelling "OFF" about a dozen times before they gave up and went to sleep.
At that point, James looked over shaking his head, and says "Come on, how DID you do that?" Because the living room used to be arranged so that the recliner was just off the end of the hallway and it was easy to tell when the back of the hallway would light up, but now it's on the other side of the room and impossible to see down the hallway to tell if the light is on or not. At first I played along and just shrugged and said "I told you, mommy's just know everything". After some groaning and proding I had to admit.... If you look towards the hall, there's a TON of pictures on the wall, so whenever the kids turn on the light it reflects in the glass on the pictures and you can see those from the chair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment