Thursday, April 10, 2008

Report Cards

I'm not sure I've ever bragged on my kids schooling in the past, and certainly not in awhile at least. So here goes. Roman and Hope are both amazing!!! Both were blessed (and seemingly B too) with natural intelligence. Or rather, they easily just get it! Schooling has always come easily for them. Both could have (and most certainly Bethany, though it ain't gonna happen) started Kindergarten a year ahead of schedule and I have no doubts in my mind that they would have excelled and done just fine. We don't have to work extremely hard on their academic lives and for that I am soooooooooooo thankful. I am truly blessed in this department!

Their latest report cards.... drum roll please...... Hope Elizabeth got ALL E's!!!!!!!!!!! That would be the equivalent of straight A's. Roman dropped off a little this time around. He came home with 5 S's and 4 E's. Most kids would kill for a report card that great and it would be the equivalent of A/B honor roll. But Roman, he was pretty devastated. He's known he's been "off" lately. We've discussed it, his teacher has apparently discussed it with him recently, and according to him he's been having a lot of issues with his friends at school on top of the added pressure of helping out more at home these last few months while James has been laid up. He's just going through a rough spell, but that's another post for another day.

Last night was baseball practice, so of course all the mom's are asking the kids how they did. One of the mom's asks Hope.... "How did you do on your report?" Hope, "I got 5 S's and all the rest E's. I did grrrrrrrreat!" ummm, Hope honey, that was ROMAN's report card you were looking at not yours! So when I told her she got all E's, she just shrugs and says, "Well, that's good too." and walks off. LOL Roman on the otherhand was even more devastated to hear that Hopey pulled all E's, something, thanks to his chicken scratch handwriting, he's yet to pull off himself. All the same, we were thrilled with them both and stopped by the store on the way home from practice to pick up "Alvin and the Chipmunks", a much wanted and well earned DVD.

I know Roman is a bit upset over it, but I'm so proud of them both!!!

No comments: