Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Make-up Dance

Last Friday we were completely disorganized, James was out in left field somewhere and we both managed to completely forget about it being Friday. I was on the phone with James around 10:30 when it dawned on me... "Why aren't you guys at dance practice??" From 10:15-11:15 every Friday Hope Elizabeth has dance class. We signed her up in September for both ballet and tap and she absolutely adores it! She is quite good too. So anyway, I called over to Jessica Morgan's School of Dance and asked what the deal was with make-up classes. They told me there was 4-5 year old ballet/tap class with her teacher, Miss Breanne, on Saturday morning at 9:30. PERFECT! I had never gotten to take her to dance class before and I would finally get to really check the place out. So as I'm shuffling the kids up to bed for the night I explained to Hope that although it was Friday (and normally could stay up a little late) she really needed to go to sleep because she had her make-up class for dance the next morning. Upon reaching the top of the stairs Hope turned around to face me, and with an oh-so-innocent look with troubled expression she asks: "Mom, do you think the boys will be wearing makeup tomorrow too??" LOL Not THAT kind of makeup dance!!!

So Saturday morning we wake up and I get Hope ready for dance, breakfast fed, and out the door on time - which is a rarity for me! On the way there she starts chatting about all the kids in her class, though I did explain they would not be there today, and she tells me about Benjamin. Benjamin is the only little boy in her dance class and apparently he is quite smitten with my little Hope-Hope. She tells me, "Mom, he really truly has a crush on me. I just know it." So once we get in to the studio we see Miss Breanne and Hope gives her a big hug and Miss Breanne tells her how much she was missed the day before and how everyone, 'especially Benjamin' were asking about her. Hope turns to me and says, "See mom, I told ya he has a crush on me." After her dance class on the way home she brings it up AGAIN. "Mom, you know, I guess you could say Benjamin and I have crushes on each other. I'm just a little shy about him. Mom, I really just don't know what to do about Benjamin!" Okay, heard ENOUGH, time to change this subject. She is FOUR! I'm not ready for this!!!

No comments: