Sunday, June 12, 2005

Girls and Clothes

Well, it appears we have another clothes junky in the house. Hope has always been addicted to clothes and quite demanding on what she will and will not wear, generally changing her mind and her clothes more times than I can count in a day. Well Miss Bethany is 19 monthes old now, and sure enough, she's following in her sister's foot steps. Today was laundry day, and so all her PJ's were clean and folded ready to be put away. She changed PJ's 4 times tonight. I have a feeling it gonna get even crazier around here.

As if that's not bad enough, the girls are constantly fighting over clothes. They are 1 1/2 and 3!! There are certain things (like anything Dora right now) that I buy matching... not because I like to dress the girls alike all the time, but because it drastically cuts down on the fights in the house. They even picked out matching Dora bathing suits for this summer! Now our bigger problem is that Hope is Miss Skinny-mini and can still easily wear 2T shorts and dresses/nightgowns, while even though the B-monster is a little light weight, she has a budha belly and is still in diapers, so she is wearing mostly 18m clothes but some 24m/2T stuff. I'm sure you can guess where this is going.... Some of Hope's old clothes that still relatively fit have been passed to Bethany causing constant fights over who gets to wear what!

I knew having 2 daughters just 21 months apart that this would eventually happen, but come on, I thought I'd have a good 5-10 years before any of this started!

No comments: