Okay, so we have finally decided on a name, but need help with the spelling and middle name. So, look over the choices, and weigh in in the comments section on what you think would be best. We've decided to go with Catherine/Kathryn for our newest little lady.
Soooooooooooooooooo,
Do you prefer Catherine or Kathryn??
And for a middle name, we've narrowed it down to 2 also - Ann or Alexis??
Catherine Ann Trettel
Kathryn Ann Trettel
Catherine Alexis Trettel
Kathryn Alexis Trettel
Which one would you choose?? James and I like both of these spellings and have elliminated other spelling variations, so no need to add Katherine or Katharine or Catharine or anything else to the list, these are the 2 we like. Catherine is the traditional Greek spelling while Kathryn is the traditional English spelling of the name. We may or may not use a nickname, all depends on her personality once we actually meet her. And no adding an "e" to Ann either, it's like that on purpose, after Aunt Philly and Aunt Kari!
EDIT BY JAMES: Roman threw a curveball this morning on us and came up with Rachael as a middle name. Julie and I both gave the "not bad" nod so I reckon it is on the list too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I vote for Catherine Ann!
I'm partial to Catherine Ann because that was the name of a very dear lady who I did my best to immortalize in 2 of my books. From a purely aesthetic perspective, though, Catherine Alexis has a beautiful sound.
Kathryn Ann Trettel
I like Catherine Ann best!
Although it will give Phyllis a big head, and we'll have to hear it for the next 40 years.
But after all, she is the Great Godmother, so I guess that's appropriate.
I'll just have to remind her that being a Great Godmother really means that she is very OLD!....deanie
I like Catherine Alexis.
This spelling of Catherine is better because I think it is the most classic. She would have a lot of great Catherines to share a name with.
I think if you name her Kathryn it will very easy for people to slip into saying or writing "Kathy" as a nickname.
I like Catherine Ann. Classic and beautiful. Carla
Kathryn Ann. I like the spelling of Kathryn and Ann is my middle name.
My vote is Kathryn!
Post a Comment