I'll keep it short.....
Got to the airport plenty early, checked in without a hitch, found our flight deck, went for breakfast, flight deck moved. Then flight deck moved AGAIN. About 10 minutes to boarding the "delayed" sign began to flash. A guesstimated 1 hour delay, which turned into 3. Nothing more assuring than watching a bunch of technicians working on the ENGINE just before take off!!! We board and get settled in. Oops, there's an electrical failure! Everyone must get back off. BONUS.... we each get a $10 dinner voucher, a $25 off coupon for future flight or upgrade, AND a free round trip ticket to use anytime in the next year. We are SUPER excited about that! Let's face it, flying is NEVER cheap with a family of 5! I lucked out and grabbed up these tickets for less than $600 for all 5 of us which is insanely cheap, but to know we're getting TWO flights out of it... now THAT's a BARGAIN!!!! We spent out meal vouchers at Outback for a nice meal that made me nauseous as everyone ordered rare steak... yuck! And poor Hopey was so exhausted she fell asleep sitting straight up with her fork still in her hand. Finally boarded the plane around 6:45 for a 2 hour flight that took a little longer even due to storms over Richmond which rerouted us west, but we DID arrive back to Baltimore safe and sound. AS it was so late and we were all so exhausted we opted to spend the night with Jim and Gail and take our time getting home on Monday.
So that's the short of our return that never wanted to end! Yeah, I know, I could have done better, but I'm exhausted! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment