Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Disgusting Night

Recently a good friend of mine began her blog and in reading over it I realized just how much I really do miss this one. I was quite addicted to this thing in the beginning, but with 3 active kids, over time I've just gotten away from it. In reading back through my own words I realize that although I do blog about the crazy antics my kids get into, including some that have lead to the ER amongst other places, that I very rarely post about the bad, the hardships of life. Honestly, it's probably just not in my nature, and Hope will someday shoot me for posting this, but here it is, a horrible night gone completely wrong with the Trettels!

Tuesday night on my way home, it's dreary, misty, overcast and overall miserable. If it hadn't been 60 degrees out I would have sworn we were in for a major snowstorm! However, as usual we weren't even close. I called James to let him know I was going by the store, we addressed dinner. He wanted to go out, I did NOT. I wanted to curl up with the kids, some popcorn, maybe a little pizza and a good movie, okay, one we at least hadn't seen 2 billion times already! So I run into Target.... BINGO! They have a sale, $10 movies for ones like Ratouille (however you spell it) and TMNT (which Roman has been dying to see). So I splurge and buy a few new movies, a big box of microwave Movie Theater Butter popcorn and toss in a box or 2 of candies, sparing nothing here. Ready for a full blown movie night at home!!! Walk outside to head to Little Caesar's for a couple pizzas to finish off my "meal" and it's super sunny, bright and cheerful, no more rain, not a cloud in the sky. I was quite disappointed.

James is on the phone before I can get out of the parking lot. It's kids eat free night at Lonestar, can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeease go tonight Okay, I give in. So I pick up the family and we head to the restaurant. Gma meets us there and has appetizer ready and waiting and everyone is in high spirits. Hope starts handing out her share of the absolute most cheesiest fries ever, which is somewhat out of the ordinary, but not enough to send up flags. By the time we're finishing and soups and salads are arriving, Hope has to go to the bathroom. No big deal, the child has always been infatuated with seeing bathrooms. We go in and she is taking FOREVER! Next thing I know there's a huge potty explosion, or rather, she has major diarrhea. After another 10 minutes she's all better. We go sit down, I scarf down my salad and shes running back to the bathroom. I feel really bad for her now. We get back to the table and everyone's eating and I sit and scarf down my dinner as fast as possible and tell her to come on and we'll go wait in the truck where she can laydown and be a tad more comfortable while the others finish up and pay the bill. So she stands up and proceeds to throw up.... EVERYWHERE! It just kept coming and coming and she couldn't stop. It was projectile vomit everywhere. I'm running for cover. Mom of the year I am not and I do not handle puke at all, not without contributing my own to it at least. Fortunately we were over in a corner away sorta hidden away from others and didn't disturb anyone else's meal. I pawned it off on the waitress while the waitress pawned it off on the poor bus boy and I ran for the door with Hope as fast as I could before I joined her in her puke-fest. She was soooooooooo embarrassed. I felt really bad for her, but honestly I have never seen or smelled anything more disgusting in my entire life!!!!!

We came home, the guys stayed downstairs playing video games while the girls and I laid down upstairs with Hope's new movie, Ella Enchanted, but we decided to forego the popcorn and candy!

1 comment:

Duchess said...

Wow, that is utterly barftastic! ;-)