Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Farting Deer are Back!

Okay, so the "Farting Deer" is a Roman story from last Christmas that didn't make it on here because I didn't create this blog until February! So in short, everyone has seen the white lighted deer, specifically the buck, that people put on their lawns around Christmas time. Well, last year in the middle of Lowes as we were looking for new outdoor decorations for the holiday season, Roman starts laughing hysterically... that I can't stop, I can't breathe, I'm gonna pee my pants, obnoxious laugh that at home would literally have had him rolling on the floor. Of course, you just have to ask! "What is so funny?" I mean come on, we're in the Christmas decoration section, what could possibly be THAT funny? Roman's response:

"See that deer? He just farted!"

Cute, but not quite following you. "Why would you say that?" Roman's response:

"His tail is sticking up and he's going 'hmrrr'" The part you can't see in that statement is a 4 year old struting across the floor then stopping, sticking his butt out behind him and puffing his chest up with chin up high going 'hmrrr'! Hence, then and forever in the Trettel household we have the "farting deer"!

I had absolutely forbid them to bring that thing home, but after about a week is snuck onto my lawn, much to the sheer joy of my son.

For those of you in the Richmond area you can only imagine just how obnoxious he got when we visited the James Center a few weeks later! There must be 100 "farting deer" there!

So, this year, I caved and as they were on sale, we bought an entire herd of "farting deer". I believe there are 9 total in all sizes and Roman and his sisters could not be any prouder of their holiday cheer!

No comments: