Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Hopey's first Campaign
We have always made a point of bringing the kids with us to the polls while explaining and letting them be a part of the process. This year I did some campaigning for the Kilgore for Governor campaign. Today I volunteered to take the morning shift to hand out Republican sample ballots and was told they were short staffed to cover the evening shift, so of course I volunteered to pitch in again. Hopey wasn't so thrilled with that ideal and was very clingy since I had disappeared the evening before to attend a campaign rally with President Bush - which was AWESOME! So, instead of fighting my beloved 3 year old, I loaded her up and headed to the polls. She was so excited to be getting some 1 on 1 time with mommy and was too cute handing out sample ballots. I always said since she has inherited my love of gab that she would someday go into politics. Just grooming her at an early age!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment