Thursday, May 05, 2005

Star Wars PreScreening

Today, thanks to my amazing friend, Lynn Fox, Roman, James, Rob, and I got to experience the final episode to Star Wars 2 weeks before it is to be released to the public. We arrived early so did a little shopping. Then headed over to meet Rob in front of the theatre. There was a group forming around the entrance, but we weren't sure if this was our group or not, so not knowing where to go or what to do, James walked up to the ticket counter and asked. "Where do we need to go for the pre-screening of Star Wars?" Ticket lady "Star Wars doesn't start for another 2 weeks" James, "I know, we're hear for the critics screening of it today" Ticket lady, "They're doing that here? Today? They don't tell us stuff like that, go ask the Service counter inside, that's where all the promotional, group, and special showings are handle" I found it amazing that the people who work there don't even know what's going on. They kept the movie that hush-hush. So finally we are pointed out to join the group in front, about 50 people or so and shortly after are shuffled through to a staircase and told to form a line. Someone is standing by checking names off the list as you walked by to the guards at the bottom of the staircase. When our turn came, he asked for name, I told him "Trettel" and he looked at me funny, obviously knowing everyone else there except us, and so he asked what group we were with. I just grinned and politely said "Lucas Films" He had this funny shocked look on his face, and rushed us through thanking us for coming and whispering to others that representatives fromLucas Films was in the house. I had made Roman, James, and Rob all wear kakis and nice shirts, and although they were griping about it when the critics arrived in cut off jeans and dirty teeshirts, I was glad we dressed up a bit. Before proceeding upstairs everyone was searched with a metal detector and purses and bags were thoroughly checked. It was crazy! Finally we made it through and headed up stairs to a private theatre used for screenings. Everyone was very excited and emotional. Roman was the only child in attendance. When the head guy came around next it was to ask if everyone was ready to begin and shortly after started the movie. From that point on there wasn't a peep in the place. I could literally hear myself chewing at times everyone was so into it and quiet. Roman did great, covering his eyes for a few scenes when the music would change insinuating a battle scene approaching. But overall he loved it and when we left they were all talking a mile a minute like 3 little boys in a candy store! The movie was awesome, we all thoroughly enjoyed it. THANK YOU, LYNN!!!

No comments: